Home Business News British coronavirus victim ‘fully recovered’ and thanks the NHS

British coronavirus victim ‘fully recovered’ and thanks the NHS

by LLB Reporter
11th Feb 20 2:35 pm

Steve Walsh who was linked to 11 coronavirus cases has spoken for the first time and said he has “fully recovered” from the illness.

Walsh still remains in quarantine in hospital said his family have isolated themselves as a “precaution” and said his thoughts are with those who are affected.

He caught the virus in Singapore and is thought to have infected five people at a French ski resort and one in Majorca, Spain.

Walsh gave a statement from Guy’s Hospital in London where he is currently in quarantine.

He said, “I would like to thank the NHS for their help and care — whilst I have fully recovered, my thoughts are with others who have contracted coronavirus.

“As soon as I knew I had been exposed to a confirmed case of coronavirus I contacted my GP, NHS 111 and Public Health England.

“I was advised to attend an isolated room at hospital, despite showing no symptoms, and subsequently self-isolated at home as instructed.

“When the diagnosis was confirmed I was sent to an isolation unit in hospital, where I remain, and, as a precaution, my family was also asked to isolate themselves.”

He thanked friends and his colleagues and added, “I ask the media to respect our privacy.”

Hi employer, Servomex said they continue to “provide support” to Steve and his family.

A spokesperson for Servomex said, “We are working with public health authorities to ensure the welfare of our staff and communities and wish anyone with the virus a quick and full recovery.”

Adding, “We wish Steve well and hope he recovers soon.”

Leave a Commment

You may also like

CLOSE AD

Sign up to our daily news alerts

[ms-form id=1]