London has more billionaires than any other city in the world
The Sunday Times Rich List 2015 is out making all of us feel poor again.
Ukrainian billionaire Leonard Blavatnik topped this year’s list with his £13.17bn fortune. The Warner Music owner’s wealth shot up by £3bn in the last year.
The richest 1,000 people on the list together own a staggering £547.126bn – that’s double what they owned in 2005 (£249.6bn). Each person who made it to the top 1,000 is worth over a £100m.
The extent of the billionaires’ affluence is such that they’ve booted the Queen off the list of the top 300 richest people in Britain. This is despite her fortune increasing by £10m to £340m this year.
This year’s list shows that London has more billionaires than any other city in the world. Out of the 117 billionaires, 80 are based in the capital.
Take a look at the Britain’s top 20 richest people, according to The Sunday Times Rich List:
1. Len Blavatnik
2. Sri and Gopi Hinduja
3. Galen and George Weston and family
4. Alisher Usmanov
5. David and Simon Reuben
6. Ernesto and Kirsty Bertarelli
7. Lakshmi Mittal and family
8. Kirsten and Jorn Rausing
9. The Duke of Westminster
10. Roman Abramovich
11. John Fredriksen and family
12. Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken and Michel de Carvalho
13. Sir David and Sir Frederick Barclay
14. Hans Rausing and family
15. Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber and family
16. Carrie and Francois Perrodo and family
17. Nathan Kirsh
18. Earl Cadogan and family
19. Nicky Oppenheimer and family
20. Sir Richard Branson and family