Project management refers to the practice of initiating a task or project, which includes proper planning, execution, control, and completion or closure of the work to meet success criteria or achieve specific project goals. Project management professional or PMP training then becomes an essential aspect of an organization.
In this article, you’ll learn the benefits of PMP training to ensure you have the right knowledge and skills when managing a project.
Learn how to create a great project management plan
As a project manager, the planning stage is a critical time because it is where the setting of goals and tasks are highly dependent on the plan you’ll create. You can create a detailed and actionable plan by learning different project management concepts and skills through PMP training, such as Edwel Programs.
Here are the benefits of PMP training in enhancing your skills in creating a project management plan:
- Learn how to foresee the adjacent needs of your organization through a comprehensive metrics analysis.
- Learn how to create real project management plans through working on sample case scenarios.
- Perform individual and group activities (with your team) to apply the core principles of project management.
- Learn basic and advanced budgeting and project appraisals, which significantly affect the course and completion of a project.
Learn the importance of time and goal setting
In any project, it’s crucial to set SMART goals. It means that you have to ensure that your project goals are specific (targeted), measurable (can be objectively assessed or tested), attainable (actionable or can be done), realistic (with positive results), and time-bound (task done on time).
Here are the benefits of PMP training concerning time and goal setting:
- Learn how to analyze the best times to start and end a project through business need forecasting.
- Learn to prioritize your short-term and long-term goals. Set the right time frame or duration in completing a specific task. For instance, a 530-square-meter roofing installation should be performed within a month (taking into consideration the number of workers and availability of supplies and equipment).
- Learn to make use of your time wisely through proper scheduling.
Learn the importance of resource allocation
In any organization, resource allocation planning and management helps in completing a specific project. Resource allocation involves sorting needed supplies and equipment, as well as inventory and logistics.
Here are the benefits of PMP training concerning resource allocation:
- Determine the needs of the company (time, workforce, or money).
- Helps you estimate the resources you’ll need to set realistic budgets and plans for future projects.
- Learn how to weigh the risks and benefits of low or high resource allocation.
- Set and determine appropriate time frames for ordering tools, supplies, and other types of resources, anticipating project needs and requirements.
Learn how to produce and present documents
Every step of a project should be documented, before, during, and toward the completion stage. It ensures that you have a solid record you can verify and refer to during a review.
Here are the benefits of PMP training when it comes to documentation:
- Learn how to produce a well-documented project with complete proofs.
- Use documentation tools such as photography, imaging, and media platforms.
- Learn how to make project presentations using Microsoft programs and applications, slides (via Slideshare), and infographics (through Canva).
Learn how to work better with information systems
With digital technologies, project management involves using different programs or software and applications. These tools help you track the progress and milestones of your projects. PMP training will teach you how to work around these programs without a steep learning curve.
Here are the popular project management software and applications used today:
- Wrike: This software offers a load of helpful features such as task prioritization, task management, real-time news feed, workload management, and interactive timeline or Gantt chart. It helps project teams work efficiently through creating schedules, in-depth discussion, and track a project’s progress in real time.
- Clarizen: This is a project management tool that links PM with social engagement effortlessly. With this app, it is easier and faster to connect projects, specific tasks, and conversations. Also, the platform prioritizes tasks, portfolios, budgets, and resources automatically.
- ProjectManager: This is an award-winning project management tool specifically designed to provide efficiency in planning, project execution, scheduling, budgeting, and reporting. It can help you implement small or big projects, with a short-term or long-term duration.
As a project manager, you don’t have to learn the lessons the hard way, which can waste your time, effort, and resources, as well as compromise your reputation. Take PMP training to ensure that you’re equipped with the right knowledge, and fast track competencies required for a successful project.