A Russian official has warned that the Kremlin are ready for war with NATO as the West have continuously been interfering with Russia’s “core” interests.
Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov warned the West that they have been on a “dangerous path.”
The senior Kremlin official said that Russia will use “all means at our disposal” against NATO.
Ryabkov said that “relations” between “Russia and NATO” will not be “restored” as the West continue to supply Ukraine with advanced weapons, some of which are being used inside Russia.
He further warned that Western allies “continue to test” Russia and the stakes are being raised.
Read more on Russia-Ukraine war:
Ukrainian troops ‘encircled’ in a key town with no ammunition as Russian troops are ‘ready to storm’
Ryabkov was asked by a journalist if war between the Western military, NATO and Russia is on the cards, the senior Kremlin official said, “The choice is entirely on the side of NATO.
We are ready, as it has already been demonstrated, to defend our national interests with all the means at our disposal.
According to the Izvestia news outlet, “The people who continue to test us for strength must believe that there are no limits to their own ‘gambling,’ in a game of raising the stakes.
“But they may end up among the losers.”
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken slammed Vladimir Putin and his “failure” over the Ukraine war, he warned that there will be a strong NATO response.
Speaking after a meeting with NATO allies on Wednesday, Blinken said, “We focused on NATO’s enduring support for Ukraine, I have to tell you all of our colleagues around the table, every single one, expressed strong and enduring support for Ukraine.
Some are questioning whether the US and other Western allies should continue to stand with Ukraine as we enter the second winter of Putin’s brutality.
“The answer here today at NATO is clear and unwavering. We must and we will continue to support Ukraine.
“Ensuring that Russia’s war of aggression remains a strategic failure is as vital today as it was when the Kremlin launched that war almost two years ago.”
The former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has also warned there will be “direct conflict with NATO” after the US are to send more deadly weapons to Ukraine.”
Medvedev said in response said, “It seems that Russia is being left with less and less choice other than a direct conflict with NATO on the ground.”
Earlier this week the NATO General Secretary Jens Stoltenberg warned Moscow that the alliance will continue to supply Ukraine with weaponry.
Stoltenberg said, “It’s our obligation to ensure that we provide Ukraine with the weapons they need, because it will be a tragedy for Ukrainians if President Putin wins.
“It will also be dangerous for us.
“The challenge now is that we need to sustain the support. We just have to stay the course.”