It’s not easy being a student in London
London is the best place to the live in the world – but not for students.
According to a study by Help-Link.co.uk, after the end of term 1, 1 in 5 London students are already living in their overdraft.
Take a look at these seven stats:
- Students expected nearly £200 a month from the bank of mum and dad to fund their student lifestyle when in reality 44% receive nothing (£0)
- The majority of student’s in London spend their student loan on going out (40%), takeaways (35%) & clothes (19%) then struggle to pay rent for the rest of the month
- A third of students in London expect to earn an average of £25,000 a year in their first job
- 32 per cent of students in London admit to putting weight on while at University
- 31 per cent of London graduates move back in with mum and dad as soon as they graduate
- Just six per cent of students in London say they live in a warm house
- 15 per cent live in a house with mould