Pioneering chef Heston Blumenthal has become the world’s most successful chef after two of his restaurants made it onto the list of the world’s top 50 best restaurants.
Dinner, his restaurant at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, was named the ninth best restaurant in the world and the Fat Duck in Bray, Berkshire, took the thirteenth spot.
Noma, in Copenhagen, was crowned the world’s best restaurant for the third year in a row.
El Celler de Can Roca and Mugaritz, both in Spain, came in second and third respectively.
The Ledbury in London was also on the list at number 14.
The rankings were announced yesterday night at Guildhall as part of the World’s 50 Best Restaurants survey by Restaurant Magazine.
Check out our reviews of London’s best restaurants
Top 10 of the world’s 50 best restaurants
1. Noma, Copenhagen, Denmark
2. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
3. Mugaritz, San Sebastián, Spain
4. D.O.M., São Paolo, Brazil
5. Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy
6. Per Se, New York, US
7. Alinea, Chicago, US
8. Arzak, San Sebastián, Spain
9. Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London, UK
10. Eleven Madison Park, New York, US
More like this:
£13bn UK restaurant boom defies recession
El Bulli chef to open venue in London
The Wolseley owners to open new hotel and restaurant after £21m investment
Leave a Comment