As we head out to Christmas parties and indulge in one too many tipples, the number of people getting behind the wheel and drink driving has a tendency to rise over the festive season.
With this in mind, Veygo have taken a look at Government data from the past five years to reveal The UK’s Drink Drive Hotspots.
- East Midlands have the highest number of drink drive casualties
- London comes out with the lowest number of drink drive casualties
- 25-29 year olds most likely to drink drive
- Men are 3.7x more likely to drink drive than women
- On the rise? Drink driving figures have increased 6.7% between 2015 and 2016 (the most recently published data)
When studying the official statistics which showcase the number of accidents caused by drink driving in each region and calculating this per 100,000 capita, we can reveal the UK’s drink drive hotspots as:
|Region||Casualties per 100k capita|