The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was admitted to hospital last Tuesday after feeling unwell and has now spent his sixth night at the King Edward VII’s hospital.
Buckingham Palace has not revealed what is wrong with Prince Philip, but it is not coronavirus related, and according to sources, he will probably remain in hospital for the coming week for “observation and rest.”
Prince Charles who is the eldest son visited his father on Saturday afternoon due to his extended stay, and was seen teary eyed in a car as he left.
Last week Palace sources said the “Iron Duke” is in “good spirits.”
A royal source said, “We are all aware of the Duke’s character and he will want minimum of fuss made, especially when the doctors and nurses are all working so hard during the pandemic.
“He was happy to go in as a precaution and is in good spirits.
“He’s been told to rest and will stay in for a few days doing so.”
Buckingham Palace previously said in a statement, “His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to King Edward VII’s Hospital in London on Tuesday evening.
“The duke’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness’s doctor, after feeling unwell.
“The duke is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest.”
Leave a Comment