INEOS, one of the UK’s biggest business success stories, is launching Grit, Rigour & Humour: The INEOS Story, in celebration of the 25th anniversary of its founding.
In 2018, INEOS published The Alchemists, the inside story of the growth of one of the UK’s largest private companies written by INEOS’ three owners. Grit, Rigour & Humour invites seven leading experts to come inside the business and see for themselves. Chapters include automotive, sport, consumer products, chemicals, philanthropy and more. In the first chapter, authored by Sir Jim Ratcliffe himself, he shares his most revealing insights into his personal approach to business and the growth of INEOS.
Through the expert voices of seven guest authors, all authorities in INEOS key business areas, and with unprecedented access to INEOS and its people, they reveal what makes the business tick. The book includes inside accounts of how INEOS has delivered its very own 4×4 vehicle from scratch and how the company’s ethos drives its investments in high-profile sports teams and high-performance ventures.
- Dominic O’Connell reveals the INEOS business strategy through interviews with INEOS CEOs;
- Quentin Willson covers the birth, development and production of the INEOS Grenadier vehicle;
- Patrick Barclay deep dives into INEOS’ global sports portfolio and its commitment to high performance;
- Steph McGovern gets behind INEOS’ consumer offering including Belstaff and INEOS Hygienics;
- Sean Keach investigates INEOS’ journey to Net Zero and its investment in the energy transition;
- Lord Sebastian Coe discusses INEOS’ commitment to the next generation;
- Sir Andrew Likiermann looks at INEOS’ impact on charities and philanthropic organisations.
The final chapter includes selections of ‘raw’ notes and comments from a number of CEOs and senior people across INEOS’ 36 businesses, unearthing hidden gems and nuggets of insight into just how Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Andy Currie, and John Reece have built INEOS into what it is today.
Sir Jim Ratcliffe continues: “I want to thank all of the authors, my colleagues, and my friends for taking the time to help produce this account of where INEOS is today. It is a fair account with both praise and criticism. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading what are largely outsiders’ perspectives on INEOS and their take on all that we have achieved.”
Grit, Rigour & Humour will be published on July 13 2023 by Penguin Random House in hardback, RRP £25.00.
Leave a Comment