Take a look…
Theresa May hasn’t been our Prime Minister for very long and she’s known for keeping her life private but how rich is she? She’s been an MP for Maidenhead since 1997 and was home secretary until 2010.
Source of wealth:
The PM earns an annual salary of £143,462 but her husband Philip May works as a senior executive at investment fund Capital Group that controls $1.4 trillion in assets.
May owns a home in London worth £1m with her husband Philip, and a home in Berkshire estimated at £600,000.
The PM’s 4-5-bedroom home is situated in the small village of Sonning which has attracted many celebrities – the Clooneys live just down the road from May. The village is also situated just west of her Maidenhead Constituency. She stays at the home every weekend with her husband Philip.
Family houses in the village sell from anywhere between £800,000 and £1.8m. The small village is full of stately Georgian, Victorian and Tudor-style homes. Charming inns, shops, pubs and restaurants fill the quaint village. It’s close enough to London but further enough away to keep the prying eyes of the paparazzi away.
Annual Salary as PM: £143,462
Perks on being Prime Minister:
– As well as the annual salary, the PM also gets a further £65,737 for being an MP
– Free travel and accommodation
– Prime Ministers are entitled to a pension based on half of their salary when they leave the office
– Can use the Prime Ministerial cars, these include custom built Jaguars.
– The PM can also receive gifts from foreign dignitaries such as wine, ties and iPads etc.
Leave a Comment