Our top London business news today:
- Paddy Power launches campaign to support gay footballers, saying football “needs a kick up the *rse”
- Tesco to launch low-priced tablet on 23 September
- J.P. Morgan will pay $800m to clear up “London Whale” debacle
- Bill Gates is the world’s richest person again, but only just
- Government makes £61m profit on sale of 6% Lloyds stake
News from elsewhere on the web:
UK inflation falls to 2.7%
UK inflation, as measured by the consumer prices index (CPI), fell to 2.7% in the year to August, compared with 2.8% in the year to July 2013.
More from the BBC
Parking fines rise 14% over last year on Boris-controlled roads
Parking fines on roads controlled by the Mayor of London have risen by 14% to £72m over the last year.
More from The Evening Standard
Part-time commuters could get flexible season tickets
Commuters who work part-time will soon be able to save some cash, thanks to a Department of Transport scheme offering cheaper season tickets to part-timers. Next year will see just a pilot of the scheme, though, so it may take some time before you see savings on a regular basis.
More from City A.M.