Dutch police chief has confirmed the suspected gunman who shot three dead and injured many others, has been arrested.
Prosecutor Rutger Jeuken told a press conference that the Turkish born suspect, Gokmen Tanis who is 37-years old was arrested on Monday afternoon.
— Politie Utrecht (@PolitieUtrecht) March 18, 2019
Jeuken told journalists, he was previously arrested, but no details were given.
Three people were shot dead, and a revised number of five people were injured on Monday morning.
— Ruptly (@Ruptly) March 18, 2019
According to Turkey’s official Andadolu news agency, it is thought the suspects motives were family related and not terrorist related.
Utrecht University has closed all buildings and all trains are not running into the city’s main station and the city was in lockdown.