The Russian Defence Ministry has released a new recruitment video in an attempt to entice young men to join the army.
The Ministry are desperately trying to attempt men into joining the army and reconsider their current roles in life for a better career in the Russian Army.
The British Ministry of Defence said last month that Moscow are wanting to “sign up an additional 400,000 troops.”
In a “major military recruitment campaign” Moscow’s new armed forces recruitment video says “You’re a man -be one.”
Read more on Russia-Ukraine war:
Russians are being ‘turned into slaves’ with introduction of draft papers and ‘once the send button clicked you’re called up’
Five country alliance set up to ‘undermine Russia’s grip on supply chains’ isolating Putin from the nuclear energy market
Russian authorities are seeking a “volunteer model” which is designed to prevent domestic dissent which has seen thousands of ordinary Russians speak out against Vladimir Putin’s regime.
Russian troops have seen “huge casualties” because of “deep systemic problems” and the ratio of Russian deaths compared to Ukrainians on the eastern front is now as high as 10 to one.
This new recruitment video from the Russian Defence Ministry is something else… pic.twitter.com/2Txt67jI2Q
— Francis Scarr (@francis_scarr) April 19, 2023
Ukraine’s Deputy Minister of Defence Hanna Malyar added that this is not the case every day on the eastern front, adding that Russian losses are “many times greater” compared to Ukrainian forces.”
The British Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said that more than 220,000 Russian troops and Wagner mercenaries have been killed or injured fighting in Ukraine since 24 February 2022.
Wallace told Sky News, “The Russian forces have some really significant and deep systemic problems at the moment in their efforts.”
Putin has also signed a decree ordering to conscript 150,000 troops to be sent to the frontlines in Ukraine after months of brutal World War One style of “human wave attacks.”
Russia has lost more than 220,000 troops and Wagner mercenaries who have either been killed in action or seriously injured since the war started.
US joint chief of staff General Mark Milley said that Russian troops are victim to a “slaughter fest” in Bakhmut and Putin’s soldiers are being hammered and that “Ukrainians had fought very very well.”
He added, The US official said, “It’s a slaughter-fest for the Russians. They’re getting hammered in the vicinity of Bakhmut and the Ukrainians have fought very very well.
“The Ukrainians are doing a very effective area defence that is proving to be very costly to the Russians.”
Putin wants to conscript the troops between 1 April and 15 July and according to the Institute for the Study of War (ISW), “Putin is unlikely to risk his regime’s stability by deploying newly conscripted servicemen to the frontlines.”