Research from Yell indicates that despite a difficult 2020, SMEs (Small Medium Enterprises) are feeling very optimistic about their business in the New Year, with three out of every four (76%) business owners confident about the success of their business in 2021.
To help you make sure you’re ahead of the game going into 2021, Yell has shared their top tips to ensure your business is being seen, chosen, and trusted in the New Year.
- Get online in 2021 – if you’re yet to take the plunge, the pandemic has meant that getting an online presence is now an absolute priority. There are plenty of options out there, from free do-it-yourself sites, to websites built and managed for you.
- Consider how you can adapt your business to offer online-friendly services, look to set up an e-commerce platform on your website, or if you’re in the service industry try offering your services via video conferencing, either on a one-to-one basis or larger group sessions.
- Setting up and maintaining social media profiles for your business will be even more important in 2021. With businesses having to adapt and make changes to their operations at a drop of a hat as a result of the pandemic, social media can be a great way to communicate these changes to your customers quickly.
- Ensure your business is listed where consumers are searching for your services. This can be done for free on the likes of Yell.com and Google. Yell.com even shares your listing with major media players such as Apple, Amazon, and Microsoft, increasing your chances of featuring on the likes of Alexa, Bing, and Apple maps.
- Always ensure that your information is up to date. Make sure your latest opening hours, products, services, and delivery information is easily findable by customers and is consistent across all channels.
- Download relevant business apps onto your phone – and ensure notifications are switched on – so you get alerted as soon as a potential customer contacts you via that platform, and you can reply instantly to convert the opportunity.
- Reviews – a lot of people are stuck at home with more time on their hands, your customers will understand the challenges you have faced this year and will want to help as best they can. Now is the time to reach out to previous customers and invite them to write reviews for your business on Yell.com, Google My Business, Trustpilot etc.
- Use the start of the New Year to build a portfolio of case studies. What your satisfied clients say about you will always sound far more convincing than what you say about yourself. Getting new, relevant, and engaging content will help to add credibility and enhance the performance of your digital marketing.
- Email marketing is another effective marketing channel that you should consider exploring in 2021. Ensure that your emails come across as helpful and enjoyable, providing content that your audience will enjoy, will build trust and rapport. If you’re struggling to get people to sign up for your emails, try rewarding new subscribers with a special offer, or a coupon to use with your business.
- Finally – trust is key – now more than ever, with consumers wanting to work with businesses they can count on. Let your customers know what steps you have taken to comply with Government advice and make sure this is immediately apparent on your website.
With the arrival of a vaccine against Covid-19, we should all feel optimistic about the future and life returning to a semblance of normality – here’s to a successful 2021!