According to the latest survey of motorway service stations, Thurrock services on the M25 has been ranked as the worst in England with a satisfaction rating of 68 per cent.
Toddington Southbound (M1) comes second worst with a score of 72 per cent, according to an independent watchdog Transport Focus, which questioned as many as 9,600 drivers on food and drink, toilets and staff friendliness at 111 sites in England.
“As the summer holiday getaway gets into full swing it’s good to see motorway services customers feel they get a good experience,” said Anthony Smith, the chief executive of Transport Focus, adding: “Motorway services play an important role in providing the break motorists need. Drivers tell us they feel less stressed and more awake.”
The top ones are:
- Norton Canes – M6 Toll in Staffordshire (operated by Roadchef)
- Stafford Southbound – M6 in Staffordshire (Roadchef)
- Wetherby – A1(M) in Yorkshire (Moto)
- Hilton Park Southbound – M6 in Staffordshire (Moto)
- Corley Southbound – M6 in Warwickshire (Welcome Break)
The worst are:
- Bridgwater – M5 in Somerset (Moto)
- Newport Pagnell South – M1 in Buckinghamshire (Welcome Break)
- Southwaite Northbound – M6 in Cumbria (Moto)
- Toddington Southbound – M1 in Bedfordshire (Moto)
- Thurrock – M25 in Essex (Moto)
Leave a Comment