In today’s global economy, finding and keeping the right talented employees is a struggle every company faces. With unique benefits, great perks, flexible hours, and the ability to work remotely, companies have to find different ways to set themselves apart to get the right candidates to strengthen their organizations.
A recruitment candidate relationship management (CRM) system can help you do just that. With a recruitment CRM, recruiters and hiring professionals can build, maintain, and enhance relationships with every job candidate they come into contact with, while also managing the entire recruitment and hiring process.
A recruitment CRM allows you to treat potential candidates like customers. Since you’re competing against who knows how many other companies for the same candidates – like your company is doing against your competitors in your market – you need to find the right way to attract them. Recruitment CRMs were built on traditional sales CRMs (customer relationship management), and the same principles apply.
Managing sales leads and customers with pen and paper, emails, and spreadsheets has become nearly impossible for most companies, and the same goes for finding the right job candidates. Just like in sales, attracting candidates is only the first step. You need to be able to grow and manage the relationship all the way through the hiring process.
Benefits of recruitment CRMs
If you’re struggling to get your dream candidates to consider working for your company, a recruitment CRM can help you control every step of your recruiting process, from beginning to end, in a single system. You can:
- start building a strong, searchable talent pool
- identify, attract, engage and enhance relationships with candidates
- improve communications between you and candidates
- enhance the candidate experience
- manage all elements of hiring including
- automated recruiting emails
- job offer approvals
- interview scheduling
- background checks and other screenings
- accurately measure your recruiting performance and provide transparency to the entire hiring team
Being able to see how you’re doing and what you’re doing with dashboards, analytics, and easy-to-read reports can give you greater insight into what your dream candidates are looking for in a new employer. Then you can find new ways to engage your candidates and communicate better with them through your recruitment CRM system.
What to look for in a recruitment CRM
At the basic level, a recruitment CRM should help you find, recruit, and hire the best of the best. Quality CRMs should provide the tools you need most, like:
- automatic job postings on leading job sites
- employee referral programs with social recruiting
- a centralized database of your candidates
- customizable features for applications and career pages
- interview scheduling
- background checks and screenings
- dashboards, analytics, and reports
Make a list of other features that are part of your hiring process that you want to improve to attract those great candidates. And then find a system to meet those needs.
Your dream candidates are out there. Make sure you have the right tools in place to help you catch them before someone else does.