The World Health Organization (WHO) have warned coronavirus may re-emerge if the world lifts their lockdown restrictions too early.
WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus revealed on Thursday, “There are six key actions that we recommend.
“First, expand, train and deploy your health care and public health workforce.
“Second, implement a system to find every suspected case at the community level.
“Third, ramp up the production, capacity and availability of testing.”
Dr Ghebreyesus added, “Fourth, identify, adapt and equip facilities you will use to treat and isolate patients.
“Fifth, develop a clear plan and process to quarantine contacts.
“And sixth, refocus the whole of government on suppressing and controlling COVID-19.
“These measures are the best way to suppress and stop transmission so that when restrictions are lifted, the virus doesn’t re-surge.”
The director general warned over opening schools and businesses too early could cause a “resurgence.”
He said, “The last thing any country needs is to open schools and businesses, only to be forced to close them again because of a resurgence.
“Aggressive measures to find, isolate, test, treat and trace are not only the best and fastest way out of extreme social and economic restrictions – they’re also the best way to prevent them.
“More than 150 countries and territories still have fewer than 100 cases.”
Dr Ghebreyesus told countries to take aggressive action now to “prevent community transmission” of coronavirus.
“By taking the same aggressive actions now, these countries have the chance to prevent community transmission and avoid some of the more severe social and economic costs seen in other countries.
“This is especially relevant for many vulnerable countries whose health systems may collapse under the weight of the numbers of patients we’ve seen in some countries with community transmission.”
The man-made coronavirus created by scientists from Wuhan in China, started on 31 December 2019 and has so far infected more than 480,400 people globally in less than three months, killing over 21,500 people.
Whilst we are in a global pandemic with coronavirus, the world could now be facing a new virus is completely different to coronavirus.
The Chinese man was from Yunnan province died whilst travelling to work, the stat run Global Times reported.
He was from the city of Lincang and Chinese authorities are now urgently monitoring and screening for the virus across the city.