Home Business News US conducts strikes on militants in Yemen

US conducts strikes on militants in Yemen

by LLB political Reporter
5th Feb 24 10:42 am

The US Central Command (CENTOM) has said America carried out more strikes against the Iranian backed Houthis militant group on Sunday evening.

CENTCOM said they conducted cruise missile and anti-ship missile attack that had been prepared “to launch against ships in the Red Sea.”

CENTCOM said the strikes were “self defense against a Houthi land attack cruise missile.”

White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan told NBC on Sunday, “We intend to take additional strikes, and additional action, to continue to send a clear message that the United States will respond when our forces are attacked, when our people are killed.”

Iran’s foreign ministry said the attacks on Yemen are “a flagrant violation of international law by the United States and Britain.”

They warned the continuation of the US attacks is a “worrying threat to international peace and security.”

Leave a Comment

You may also like

CLOSE AD

Sign up to our daily news alerts

[ms-form id=1]