Sage, the leader in accounting, financial, HR and payroll technology for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), has launched Sage People Payroll in the UK and the US.
The innovative cloud-based HR and payroll solution is designed to help businesses work smarter, scale and grow, and offer the best experience to their employees. It enables increased collaboration and efficiencies between HR and payroll, delivering significant cost and time savings.
“Launching Sage People Payroll in the UK and the US is an important milestone for us, delivering on our strategic ambition of being the trusted network for an integrated Payroll and HR solution for mid-sized businesses,” says Jonathan Goldsmith, Head of HR and Payroll at Sage.
“Running payroll is not just clicking a button. Due to recent regulatory changes, complexities added by the gig economy, and the global pandemic, it has become one of the most complex business operations from a back-office perspective. It’s the engine room of a business that needs to run seamlessly on a tight schedule. Our new software has been designed to empower teams to collaborate efficiently, quickly and accurately, enabling them to boost productivity and enhance employees’ satisfaction.”
In the UK with Sage People Payroll, businesses will be able to benefit from:
- Simplified workflows: One integrated system, from payroll to annual leave, sickness absence and performance management.
- Accuracy and visibility: Offering an end-to-end view of employees’ data and synchronising people and payroll information, processes, and workflows. The risk of errors is reduced significantly, enabling businesses to make payments on time and stay compliant.
- Collaboration: The cloud-based system allows data changes to be made by HR and Payroll colleagues simultaneously, allowing speedy collaboration across HR and Payroll teams.
- Improved productivity: The software can process data on thousands of employees in minutes, enabling businesses to save up to 30% of the time usually required for processing payroll.
- Strategic Insights: The solution enables businesses to access critical analytics regarding costs, areas for potential savings and the gender pay gap.
- Pay-on-demand functionality: Allowing employees to request part of their salary before payday, and self-service payslips also give employees more control over their personal finances.
In the US the solution enables businesses to benefit from:
- Streamlined pricing: A simple cost based on the number of employees, without payroll processing and base fees.
- Integrated General Ledger: The solution integrates seamlessly with Sage Intacct as well as other ERP and finance software solutions.
- Improved decision making processes: Offering a vast reporting library of 174 built-in, standard reports like labour distribution, pay data, general ledger reports, and more.
- Up to date regulatory requirements: Enabling business to tackle complex and challenging tax requirements across Federal, State and local Taxpay.
- Automated Admin: Eliminating double entry, workarounds, lengthy manual processes and reducing costly errors using error-detection.
Sage People Payroll is powered by Brain Payroll in the UK, and Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) in the US, offering enhanced payroll capabilities and enabling SMBs to complete a secure, compliant and accurate payroll process in a matter of minutes.
James Proctor, Director of Professional and Managed Services at Phase 3, customer and Sage Partner, said, “Payroll is a critical operational area of any business, helping to provide trusted payments that keep personal finances ticking over.
“Payroll teams can make better and quicker decisions using the power of great technology. As a result, late or inaccurate payments can become a thing of the past, supporting employee wellbeing and maintaining a vital bond of trust between employer and employee.”
Raxit Shah, Director of Brain Payroll UK added, “Payroll is about people not numbers; employees getting paid correctly and on time and HR teams saving time to spend on items that enhance the employee journey are critical to business success. As a technology provider, we are highly motivated to increase the efficiency of our system users.
“We do that by providing a fully cloud-based payroll system which has both the functional depth and the processing capacity to deal with the volume and complexities of multiple large payrolls together.”