Meet the 25 tech businesses that and George Osborne and tech doyenne Joanna Shields, UK ambassador for digital industries and CEO of Tech City UK, have cherry-picked to join their programme supporting high-growth tech start-ups.
These are the London-based ones-to-watch. They make up the second half of the Future Fifty, a scheme which will connect the companies with expertise and support in the hope of creating the goliaths of tomorrow.
View the first 25 in the Future Fifty.
Click the links below to read our entrepreneur interviews and view recent news on the companies.
The Future Fifty: second wave of companies:
- ACHICA – online members-only store for luxury products
- ao.com – retailer of major domestic appliances
- Chemist Direct – online healthcare business
- DataSift – social data platform
- eCommera – big data and commerce platform
- eToro – social investment network
- Funding Circle – online peer-to-peer funding platform
- Global Personals – digital online gaming and dating company
- Graze – online snack delivery service
- Masternaut – SaaS-based vehicle tracking
- MATCHESFASHION.COM – luxury fashion retailer
- MedicAnimal – retailer of food, medicines and accessories for animals
- MODE – nano credits for pre-paid mobile users in emerging markets
- moo.com – online platform for print products
- MyOptique – retailer for prescription glasses
- Naked Wines – a customer-funded wine business
- Nomad Digital – wireless solutions for transportation sector
- Notonthehighstreet.com – online marketplace for small businesses
- PhotoBox – digital consumer service for personalised products and gifts
- SecretSales.com – discounted designer brands online retailer
- Shazam – media engagement company
- Small World Financial Services – payments services provider
- SwiftKey – keyboard app for smartphone and tablets
- Unruly – marketing technology platform
- WorldStores – online home and garden retailer