How much do you know about The White House?
Donald Trump is the new President and is set to be working from The White house.
That’s why we bring to you know these 10 interesting facts about the historical building that he is set call home.
1. There’s no such thing as a free lunch, even for the First Family. At the end of every month the President will receive a bill for his or her families’ meals, toiletries used and dry cleaning. This comes out of the President’s annual wage of $400,000.
2. It hasn’t always been known as The White House. Before Theodore Roosevelt, it was known as the Executive Mansion.
3. Apparently, The White House is haunted. Winston Churchill refused to stay ever again in the Lincoln bedroom after claiming to have seen the ghost of Lincoln.
4. The White House has six floors- two basements, two public floors, and two floors for the First Family.
5. For recreation, the White House has a variety of facilities available to its residents, including a tennis court, a jogging track, a swimming pool, a movie theater, a billiard room, and a bowling lane.
6. The White House was the biggest house in the Unites States until the Civil War.
7. The White House was burned by British troops in the war of 1812.
8. John Paul ll was the first Pope to visit the house, he came to see President Carter in 1979.
9. 6,000 people go to visit The White House per day.
10. The White House has twin building’s in Ireland and France.