A Tube strike over the bank holiday weekend seems likely as the first set of talks between union members and London Underground have failed.
Talks to reach an agreement will resume today.
Earlier this week, Unite claimed the Tube could be “completely shut down” if the strike goes ahead.
Technicians responsible for the power at 270 underground stations plan to take industrial action in protest over broken promises, unfair treatment and worsening conditions”.
They are set to walk out after midnight on Saturday and would return to work on Tuesday morning.
Hugh Roberts, regional officer for Unite, said: “Unite is working very hard to achieve a fair settlement for our members – and to avoid the industrial action. The ball is very much in the management’s court,” Robert added.
Richard Jones, the head of command and control at London Underground, said: “We are disappointed that the unions have chosen to call strike action and we would urge all unions involved in this dispute to continue discussions to resolve this matter.”