Home Business News Trump’s former top advisors drawing up plans to stop US military aid for Kyiv

Trump’s former top advisors drawing up plans to stop US military aid for Kyiv

25th Jun 24 12:27 pm

Donald Trump’s former advisors are preparing a plan to stop US military aid being sent to Ukraine unless Kyiv agrees to peace talks with Moscow.

The two top advisors retired General Keith Kellogg and Fred Fleitz who served on Trump’s national security council said they are proposing a ceasefire on the frontlines.

The two retired generals said their plan will involve warnings to Moscow and should Russia refuse their terms of the ceasefire then they will ramp up their support for Kyiv.

Reuters reported that Trump reacted positively to Fleitz plan, but added, “I’m not claiming he agreed with it or agreed with every word of it.”

Read more related news:

New intelligence warns Putin ‘is preparing for large scale war’ with NATO ‘as early as 2026’

Moscow warns US ‘a response’ to Crimea attack ‘is coming’ that could lead to all out war

North Korea warns Washington Putin has the ‘right for any kind of retaliatory strike’ on the US

Global nuclear arms spending hits $173,000 a minute as ‘wars show no signs of abating’

Trump is looking likely to be the next US President and he has previously said that he will end the war within 24 hours.

Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung insisted that only statements made by Trump should be taken as official.

The Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has said that he and his officials are against any ceasefire as this will allow Vladimir Putin to receive gains on the battlefield.

A policy paper released by Trump’s America First Policy Institute said that one element is that Ukraine will not join NATO “an extended period in exchange for a comprehensive and verifiable peace deal with security guarantees.

In June President Zelensky said, “And there will be many such conditions, depending on how strong (Russian President Vladimir Putin) is at that moment. Therefore, a ceasefire is a trap.”

Russian Security Council Deputy Chairman Dmitry Medvedev said this month that Kyiv must accept Vladimir Putin’s peace proposal, if they do not then Russian forces will make things far ”worse.”

Medvedev said, “Frankly speaking, I think that the president has said everything, I mean that the next peace proposal Russia makes will be worse for the Ukrainian authorities, no matter how we treat them.

“Now they have the opportunity to consider Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin’s peace proposal and at least try to make peace and end this part of the conflict.”

He added, “And it will be difficult to say where the lines of the buffer zone that Russian President Vladimir Putin mentioned will be.

“It’s very likely that all this will not work to the benefit of the current Ukrainian authorities.

“So they have to hurry while they still can.”

Putin’s peace proposal consists of Ukrainian officials to meet with Russian diplomats whereby Kyiv will officially recognise the status of Crimea, the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics, and the Zaporozhia and Kherson Regions as part of Russia.

Leave a Comment

You may also like

CLOSE AD

Sign up to our daily news alerts

[ms-form id=1]