Across northern England train services will be disrupted as drivers have walked out on Friday in a long running dispute over pay.
Members of Aslef for the Northern Trains and TransPennine Express have walked out forcing cancellations of all services and the disruption will continue into Saturday.
Aslef general secretary Mick Whelan said their members have launched a ban on overtime and will continue until there is an increase on a pay offer.
Aslef said that their members have voted in large numbers to continue with their strike action and they will re-ballot every six months until they get their pay increase.
The pay dispute started in June last year and passengers have faced disruptions for more than a year and on Sunday train timetables across north England will change.
Tricia Williams, chief operating officer for Northern, said: “Whilst the overwhelming majority of our services remain ‘as is’ from Sunday, customers should double check any regular journeys they make, especially those with short connections.
“We’re very conscious that this timetable change immediately follows a period of significant disruption caused by the Aslef action this week.
“We want to make sure our customers are aware of the upcoming change and would encourage people to use the ‘Check My Timetable’ guide on the website.”