You have a well-established business, and it has been booming on your native shore. It is finally time to start testing international waters. However, getting your business noticed in the foreign markets is tricky business. Chances are that you do not have an in-house team of expert translators for each part of the world you want to expand your business. Whether it is needing guidance with your Arabic translation work or Turkish translation services, the expertise of a professional language service provider (LSP) can give you an edge over the competition.
A custom-tailored approach
Marketing material requires a customized approach. Unlike other technical documents, your marketing material is strategically designed to let your target audience get to know you, like you, and trust you.
Therefore, your brand needs to reflect this in the localized version. What is localizing you ask? Localization is referred to as the method of making a company’s product or content better adapted for the target audience. While the translation of your content is a vital part of the process, there are several other elements involved in ensuring that your new foreign venture does not result in a blunder.
Some of the components companies often consider are:
- Graphic Content
- Proper Formatting(i.e., date and time)
- Culture References
- Political Influences
- Applicable Addresses and Phone Numbers
- Color Selection
By paying attention to all the minute details, not only helps your company carve a local niche but rather safeguard the respectability as well. A flawed example of localization was seen with tech mogul Apple in its initial launch campaign in Europe. Apple is looking to engage the European consumer with its Apple II EuroPlus overlooked the basic component of a phone, the keyboard. The Euro Plus was sold with an unchanged American keyboard leaving the clients searching for special characters such as umlauts, accents, and other special punctuation. This led to the ultimate failure of the Euro Plus leaving Apple to finally shut production three years after the launch.
Working with your LSP
It is vital to work with your LSP is the key to having a successful international venture. In marketing, there are typically four types of marketing material
- Paper marketing materials
Examples: brochures, flyers, postcards, business cards, menus, sales sheets, etc.
- Promotional marketing materials
Examples: t-shirts, mugs, calendars, pens, gift certificates, event tickets, keychains, etc.
Examples: letterhead, greeting cards, invitations, envelopes, address labels, rubber stamps, etc.
- Signs & banners
Examples: banners, lawn signs, posters, bumper stickers, window decals, etc.
As marketing documents are not to be translated literally, but culturally you need to ensure that your LSP has experience in handling the proper forms of translation. For example, you do not want a Polish translation expert handling your Arabic document translation services or a Ukrainian translation service handling your Turkish translation services. To make things easier, we recommend teaming up and creating a glossary and terminology base so that the translator knows exactly what to translate and how. You could also create a style guide for linguists so that the translator knows which tone you would like them to use.
At Future Trans, we are an all in one hub for your Arabic translation services. With our main office in Egypt, we are the leading language service providers to all of MENA. Our previous clients such as Uber, Amazon, and Kia will testify that when it comes to Arabic document translation services and or localizing content we are the first and only choice. Still questioning yourself? Here are some insights that we have to offer at Future Trans.
- In-house native translators – We hire all native Arabic speaking translators. Catering to more than 115 languages allows us to give our clients a truly personal experience of the audience they are looking to acquire, as our translators understand the cultural and political aspects of the certain region.
- Subject-matter experts – We at Future Trans go the extra mile and hire experts from the field itself. For your financial translation needs, we would ensure an expert who has a vast number of years of experience in the field handles your project. This guarantees that there is no room for error as they will be familiar with all the special terminology required for the matter.
- Fast turn-around time – No matter the size of your project, we promise clients a speedy delivery. Upon client requests, we have even handled projects over the period of one night.
- A quality product – Being ISO 17100 certified there is a strict code of conduct that we follow allowing us to provide a quality end project with the most precision.
For further expert assistance with your marketing localization, contact our highly specialized sales team today.