On average, every online casino game provider releases 1 new slot game per month. At least this is the speed and productivity most small providers strive for.
Bigger software providers make 2-3 games per month. Giant providers that have been around for decades can make up to 10 new slot games per month.
There are hundreds of casino software providers out there, and most of them have been operating in the niche for at least a year.
This brings us to hundreds of new slot games released every year, and hundreds have already been there for years.
Microgaming powered casinos in Canada feature thousands of slot games in their lobbies and buy new ones on a regular basis. However, online casinos for some reason highlight the most popular games and feature games and often have a separate section for them even though, if you check them out, these popular games can be several years old.
This is because the general majority of online casino gamblers don’t play all slots. Yes, they try new ones out. Many gamblers actually have their most favorite providers so they track new releases.
And yet, not all slots eventually become popular, and not each slot performs well. This is why many prefer playing a slot that is several years old to playing a brand-new one. In this post, we highlight some of the most well-performing slots of all time (as of now).
Why are slots so popular, anyway?
First things first, why are slots the most popular category of games? From the game developers’ point of view, there are many reasons and one of the most important is an opportunity for producing variety.
But from the players’ point of view, the reasons are as follows:
- plenty of games to choose from – as we have already mentioned above, today about a hundred new slots are released every year
- many providers to choose from – each provider has its own vision of a good game, approach to developing it, its own style and favorite themes, and also its own patented mechanics and in-game features
- slots offer a huge number of themes and designs the player can choose from; there are slots about Egypt, about Pirates, about Vampires and Zombies, about Gems, about Candy, and so on. Every gambler can find something visually satisfying for them
- different in-game features – in contrast to all other classic casino games like Table Games, Scratch cards, Poker, Keno, Bingo, etc., slots have many various in-game features including Free Spins, Respins, Multipliers, Scatters, Wilds, Cascading Wins, Sticky symbols, Expanding symbols, and so on. Some features are unique!
- slots are easy to play – these are games of chance so they do not require any specific background knowledge or outstanding skill to win, let alone to play for entertainment
- slots are usually low-risk – many slots have small bet limits and a certain maximum for the biggest possible win
What makes some slots perform so well?
Now we know that slots are awesome and are often better than many other typical casino games. But what makes some slots perform even better than others?
There is no recipe for success because otherwise every provider would have used it and released drop-dead slot games every week. But from what we see in the most popular and loved slots, some of the key ingredients are as follows:
- provider – some providers have their very own unique approach to something like jaw-dropping designs, or breath-taking free spins, and gamblers love it
- RTP rate – the higher the RTP rates the better!
- some themes are just forever loved by the players – for example, Egypt, Vikings, and Candy
- some new slots perform so well because they are really updated reskins of an older very popular slot
- in-game features are really advantageous and efficient for the player, like plenty of Free Spins, Respins features, Cascade wins, etc.
- some slots contain totally unique features or mechanics that work well for the players and make this slot stick
- jackpots – slots with jackpots are all-time favorites
- Bonus Buy slots – Bonus Buy feature became popular these days and slots that have it often perform really well
The slots listed below do not have all the ingredients for success but only some of them. Check them out and decide whether they are as good as everyone says they are.
The lists of most popular slots for last 10 years
Microgaming has been at the dawn of online casino gambling and is a true pioneer and leader in this niche. The company has released thousands of online casino slots, and this list highlights only a tiny part of its popular legacy.
- Mega Moolah
- Immortal Romance
- Jurassic Park
- Thunderstruck 2
NetEnt is another leader that makes awesome slots and progressive jackpots.
- Guns n’ Roses
- Dead or Alive
- Divine Fortune
Quickspin is a less well-known studio but it has some slot titles you will see literally at every online casino.
- Big Bad Wolf
- Mighty Arthur
- Sakura Fortune
The list below highlights some other very popular slot games by different software providers.
- Power of Gods Valhalla (Wazdan)
- Jammin’ Jars (Push Gaming)
- Buffalo Power Megaways (Playson)
- Solar Queen (Playson)
- Moon Princess (Playn’ GO)
- Good Girl, Bad Girl (Betsoft)
- Johnny Cash (BGaming)
Please play responsibly. For more information and advice visit https://www.begambleaware.org
Leave a Comment