A poll of 1,071 Black Friday/Cyber Monday shoppers by specialist gadget insurer ProtectYourBubble.com found that:
- Bargain-loving Brits plan to spend on average £182 across the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales
- A third of shopaholics have budgeted to spend more than £300
- Men are planning to spend on average £90 more than women
- One-in-six shoppers confess they haven’t saved specifically for Black Friday and plan to put all their purchases on a credit card
- Tech and electrical goods are top of people’s buy lists, with a third (33%) planning to buy tech/electricals
- Six-in-ten (61%) over 55s have no plans to buy anything today or on Cyber Monday
- This compares to 70% of 16-24 year olds
James Brown, director of gadget insurer ProtectYourBubble, comments:
“Bargain-loving Brits will be out in force early today to try and snap up some amazing deals, and our research found that economic uncertainty doesn’t appear to have dampened spirits and put people off splashing the cash.
“There is a temptation to get carried away and keep spending beyond what you can afford. During last year’s sales, more than 80% of people admitted they went over their budgets, and by an average of 66%.
“Enjoy the sales today, and most of us will be out in the shops or scouring online looking for bargains, but have a budget in mind and try and stick to it, however tempting it is to buy that flat screen TV that has been discounted by 50%.”