DENTON, a leading UK-based design and fit-out company, has announced the launch of its comprehensive and industry-leading ESG policy. The new policy is part of DENTON’s ongoing commitment to sustainability and responsible business practices.
DENTON’s ESG policy encompasses a range of environmental, social, and governance practices aimed at reducing the company’s carbon footprint, promoting social responsibility, and championing diversity and inclusion. They are looking to set the benchmark and exceed the current expectations of ESG compliance and focus within the commercial property sector. The policy includes a set of ten simple measurable targets that the company aims to achieve over the next few years.
DENTON’s 10 ESG Policy Targets:
- Provide an annual ESG report.
- Monitor its revised ISO 14001 standards quarterly.
- Monitor its detailed DENTON ‘best practice’ policy annually.
- Achieve 0.5% waste to landfill by 2024.
- 25% of CAT B projects are to be SKA accredited by 2025.
- Maintain over 50% employment parity.
- Maintain its ongoing commitment to high levels of minority representation.
- Reduce scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 5% by August 2024.
- Train staff in the use of ‘One click’ LCA software to target, measure and record its carbon impact.
- DENTON’s future ESG reports will reference SASB’s reporting framework for the Engineering & Construction Service industries.
“We are excited to launch our comprehensive ESG policy, which sets out our commitment to sustainability and responsible business practices,” said Richard Douglas, Director of DENTON. “We believe that sustainable business practices are key to creating a better future for everyone while improving investment opportunities for our clients. We are committed to making a positive impact on the environment, our communities, and our employees, and we look forward to working with our stakeholders to achieve these goals.”