Take a look
Forbes has just revealed a list of the highest paid celebrities in Europe. Here’s who’s richest of them all:
Forbes: Highest-Paid European Celebrities 2017
1. JK Rowling (UK; $95M)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal; $93M)
3. Coldplay (UK; $88M)
4. Adele (UK; $69M)
5. Roger Federer (Switzerland; $64M)
6=Elton John (UK; $60M)
6=Gordon Ramsey (UK; $60M)
7. Paul McCartney (UK; $54M)
8. Rory McIlroy (UK; $50M)
9. Calvin Harris (UK; $48.5M)
10. Lewis Hamilton (UK; $46M)
11. Simon Cowell (UK; $43.5M)
12. Tiesto (Netherlands, $39M)
13. Sebastian Vettel (Germany; $38.5M)
14. Novak Djokovic (Serbia; $37.6M)
15. Ed Sheeran (UK; $37M)
16. Fernando Alonso (Spain; $36M)
18= Gareth Bale (UK; $34M)
18= Conor McGregor (Ireland; $34M)
20. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden; $32M)
- One-fifth of this year’s Celebrity 100 list members hail from Europe.
- Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling leads the pack with $95 million, earned over 12 months, before taxes and management fees, by FORBES’ estimate. Rowling, the highest-paid author in the world, also placed third on our list of the world’s highest-paid celebrities.
- Only two women number among the 20 highest-paid European entertainers, reflecting the overall gender disparity of the Celebrity 100, which is 84% male. British songstress Adele (No. 4, $69 million) is the only woman among the European ranks asides from Rowling.
- The 20 highest-paid European celebrities earned $1.06 billion combined in 12 months before taxes and management fees.
- Twelve of these European entertainers are from the U.K, including television personalities Gordon Ramsey (No. 6, $60 million) and Simon Cowell (No. 12, $43.5 million). Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland each claim one entry.
- Professional athletes account for half with three footballers, three racing drivers, two tennis players, one golfer and one mixed martial artist.