Over 45,000 self-employed entrepreneurs enjoy the enviable advantages that come with being a Utility Warehouse (UW) Authorised Partner. By working with the UK’s only genuine multiservice provider, these independent distributors can earn up to £370 for each customer they sign up and work on their own terms, wherever and whenever suits them. What’s more, Partners enjoy free entry to UW’s events, which have been the cornerstone of the Partner experience for many years.
UW events, such as Express Day and Massive Action Day (known as MAD), generate excitement as the FTSE 250 company celebrates its Partners and shares its latest products, initiatives, training programmes, and successes. UW also run local events on a smaller scale, known as “Kick-Off” events – usually at the start of the year. Partners also have the chance to catch up with team members, friends in the network, and staff from head office.
Partners usually book tickets and travel from all corners of the UK to celebrate and revel in the famous UW spirit at the company’s events. Unfortunately, the pandemic put a stop to this last spring, and UW had to adapt all Express Day plans so the event could take place virtually. However, these efforts were so successful the company then hosted a virtual Massive Action Day in September. To follow up, UW has now completed the first event of 2021 – a virtual annual summit with even more on offer than usual.
Introducing power up 2021
As UW had so many training initiatives, company announcements, and inspirational success stories to share during this year’s summit, the multiservice provider rebranded the event as Power Up. The new name symbolises Partners’ excitement and energy around supercharging the Partner opportunity for 2021, especially as they can now connect with new customers in person again.
UW hosted Power Up on April 17/18, offering the same programme on both days so Partners could choose a day to suit their schedules. Partners tuned in to enjoy motivational talks from guest speakers, including astronaut Tim Peake; talks from top-performing Partners, who shared motivational success stories and tips on how to attract customers; and big product announcements and updates from UW staff. On top of this, Partners virtually attended bite-size Power Sessions from key head office figures, who shared insights into how Partners can boost their businesses to overcome challenges and reach their goals.
Each Partner chose three Power Sessions to attend, opting for those that would best help them develop their businesses. These Power Sessions included:
- Goals: Your secret weapon, which inspired Partners to set motivational goals and stick to these.
- Supercharge with social, which showed Partners how to make the most of social media to extend their reach and target the right people for their businesses.
- Appointment mastery, which showed Partners how to walk prospective customers through UW’s Appointment Presentation.
- Develop a winning attitude with the law of averages, which helped Partners learn about the power of ratios and shifting focus.
- Say it the right way, which showed Partners how to get more appointments by learning how to best approach prospective customers.
- The power of consistency, which delved into why 80% of people find consistency difficult and how to manage this challenge.
- Make the most of your time, which offered Partners time-management tips to help them fit their UW businesses into their busy lives.
- Team culture, which showed Partners how to create strong team environments to make people of all personalities feel at home.
- Coaching to independence, which showed Partners how to coach new team members so they can become independent and even support their own teams.
- The power of growing a team, which highlighted the long-term value of growing a team and how Partners can build a meaningful residual income.
Partners came out of the summit full of new ideas and inspiration to refuel their businesses. As the government guides us out of the COVID-19 lockdown, they’re now in stronger positions to help new customers make the most of UW’s great value home service bundles. Announcements for customers included:
- Improved WiFi for customers, with UW rolling out Full Fibre (known as Fibre To the Premises) and introducing Whole Home WiFi for more customers.
- Peace of Mind Promise, which means new customers have 30 days to road test their UW services before they commit for the long haul. On top of this, if customers don’t make savings after their initial 12 months, UW will pay them double the difference if customers could have saved money with their old provider.
- Live chat and improved customer app, which makes managing customer accounts and getting help even easier. Customers can now converse with UW’s excellent customer service staff via the live chat function on the website homepage.
LED light bulbs
During the event, UW Partners celebrated the savings they’ve helped customers make to move towards a greener, more sustainable future. Over recent years, Partners have helped install over five million LED light bulbs for customers – a free service many have received as part of their home service bundles.
UW extended its LED light bulb replacement service (also known as Daffodil) until Power Up to celebrate the 46,000 tonnes of CO2 UW and its Partners have saved through this initiative. To put this into perspective, this is the same amount of CO2 that 28,000 return flights from the UK to New York would produce. The LED light bulb replacement scheme has saved 150,000 customers a total of £31 million on their bills. Though the scheme has now come to an end, LED bulbs last around 100 times longer than standard light bulbs, so they’ll continue saving customers money for years. And UW will continue to replace these bulbs, as long as the customer remains on the qualifying bundle.
About Utility Warehouse
Customers across the UK use UW to bundle home services, such as gas, electricity, broadband, mobile, landline, home insurance, and boiler cover, into fantastic value packages. UW has won an array of awards for these services, not to mention its outstanding customer support and rewards. Meanwhile, UW also helps thousands of people from all walks of life earn additional streams of income through its Partner network. No matter your commitments, you can run a UW business to suit your own schedule. And you can complete the Partner training programme in under a week.
Following the success of Power Up, UW Partners are now looking forward to their next event – Massive Action Day – which is due to take place in September. This event will give Partners a further chance to celebrate their successes and hear updates and news from the wider business.
Find out how you can become a UW Partner.