Dutch prosecutors have said they have “strong indications” that Vladimir Putin supplied the Buk-Telar missile system to pro-Russian Ukrainian separatists which was then used to shoot down flight MH-17 over Ukraine in 2014.
The Malaysian Airlines MH17 flight took off from Amsterdam and was heading to Kuala Lumpur which was carrying 298 civilians and was blown up mid-air after Putin personally signed off the decisions to allow the missile system to Ukraine before the plane was shot down.
Dutch prosecutors said “there are strong indications that the Russian president decided on supplying” a Buk missile system to Ukrainian separatists.
The Buk-Telar missile system was used to shoot down MH17 on its way from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur on July 17, 2014.
Read more on Russia-Ukraine war:
Flight MH17 which was shot down by a Russian supplied missile system to the DPR is ‘the most convincing scenario by far’
MH17 crash: Who and what caused it? Experts’ insights into the crisis
President Zelensky ‘expressed gratitude to the British people’ for supporting Ukraine ‘since day one’ of Putin’s war
Volodymyr Zelensky arrives to UK on a Top Secret meeting as Sunak signals a major shift in sending fighter jets to Kyiv
Russian’s Igor Girkin and Sergey Dubinskiy and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko were found guilty of 298 counts of murder and “unlawfully causing an airplane to crash.”
The Parliamentary Assembly Council of Europe (PACE) have declared that the flight MH17 which was shot down over eastern Ukraine was caused by a Russian Buk missile.
The Dutch authorities considers this “as the most convincing scenario by far” as Vladimir Putin gave the Buk missile system to the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) who control the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
All 238 passengers and 15 crew were instantly killed when the Malaysian Boeing 777 was shot down by the pro-Russian separatist backed DPR.
The aircraft fell near to Hrabove in the Donetsk Oblast region of eastern Ukraine which happened during the war in the Donbas which an area that is controlled by Putin’s DPR.
The press service of PACE had unanimously approved the resolution, based on a report by Titus Corlatean (Romania, SOC).
The Assembly said that they are appalled by Putin’s regime of “disinformation” which has caused much “pain and suffering” to the relatives, friends and the victims families.
They said, “Instead of providing reliable information to the competent investigative bodies, the Russian authorities spread disinformation, including successive contradictory versions of the events designed to create confusion.
“As demonstrated by open-source intelligence published in numerous reports, the Russian authorities even went so far as to submit manipulated radar, satellite and other data in order to obfuscate the truth.”
Russia claimed that a Ukrainian SU 25 or MiG 29 fighter jet shot down flight MH17, or a Ukrainian Buk missile was launched by the government’s controlled territory,
They said that this has now been “thoroughly disproved,” and PACE added, “The Assembly again urged Russia to co-operate in good faith with ongoing investigations, including providing proper satellite and radar data on the downing, and to formally apologize to MH17 victims’ relatives for the pain and suffering caused by earlier disinformation.”
The press service said that the European Court of Human Rights must consider granting priority to applications from crash victims’ next of kin, “in view of [their] intense and continuing suffering.”
They added, “Finally, the parliamentarians encouraged national and international flight safety authorities to provide updates on their procedures for flying over conflict zones, in light of the recommendations from the Dutch Safety Board.”
The Dutch-led joint investigation team (JIT) said the airliner was shot down on the day that the Buk missile system was transported from the 53rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade of the Russian Federation to the DPR, which was later returned after the missile launch shot down the passenger plane.
The JIT’s finding were also consistent with previous claims made by German and American intelligence sources including the Ukrainian government.
The Kremlin’s stance as usual is “deny, deny, deny.”
Leave a Comment