Though Apple TV has been gaining much attention and popularity among the masses, it will be wrong to say that it will replace cable TV. Since when it comes to content, Spectrum or Cox users would agree to the fact that Spectrum channel line up or Cox customisation features stand out in terms of channel variety. Users look for access to a greater number of channels to meet their entertainment needs. So cable TV might stay and be a part of the homes for the Americans. Though there is no denying the fact that streaming services are giving a tough time to cable companies. Nevertheless, Apple TV seems to be enjoying the increasing popularity among all.
Apple TV is a small device that allows you to connect to your TV through its HDMI port. This allows you to watch streaming services on your TV from the internet. To be able to use Apple TV, you must have internet access. You can connect your Apple TV with a home Wi-Fi network. Before we proceed to how to set up Apple TV and hook it with your cable box, let us first have a look at the benefits that Apple TV has for you.
Benefits of Apple TV
1. Stream channels
It gives you access to tons of channels. You can add channels to the user interface of Apple TV and voila!
2. Use your phone to control TV
You can control your TV by using your iPhone. Smart devices can be used to download the application that allows you to control your Apple TV.
You can now mirror your iPhone and TV. Sound cool, right? Well, you can watch something on your phone and TV together. So you can show pictures and videos to everyone in the room on the TV screen. No set up is needed for that.
How to set up Apple TV?
- You will need a high-definition or 4K TV with HDMI. An HDMI is a cable that is used to connect Apple TV to a compatible cable box.
- You will also need an 802.11 wireless network or an Ethernet connection.
- To purchase, rent, or download any apps from the App store, you will need an Apple ID.
- If you want to make the most out of your Apple TV and explore its capabilities, it is better to get a TV that is compatible with 4K, Dolby Vision, and HDR.
Once you have everything mentioned above, it is time to proceed further with the process:
- First of all, you must know the wireless network name along with the password.
- Now attach one end of the HDMI port cable to the HDMI port of your Apple TV while placing the other one to the power outlet.
- Now switch on your TV and choose the HDMI input that is connected to your Apple TV.
- You will come across the instructions on your TV display in case you want to set an internet connection.
- Apple TV or home theatre can be attached to the cable box simultaneously but you will have to select one to be active at a time.
- Apple TV uses HDMI so if your cable box also has an HDMI, you can connect it. In case your cable box does not have an HDMI, you might want to go for another cable box. Make sure you get a cable box that supports an HDMI so it can be connected to the Apple TV.
You can do a lot with your Apple TV. Be it using an Apple TV Siri Voice Remote, accessing tons of channels, or mirroring your iPhone-Apple TV has all the perks you can ask for. It also allows you to connect to a cable box through the HDMI port. So make sure you have a cable box that has an HDMI compatibility to maximise your entertainment options. The aforementioned instructions to set up Apple TV are simple enough for a non-techie to pull through. So follow the above-mentioned simple steps to enjoy Apple TV features along with the outstanding audio and video compatibilities it offers, making it popular ever since its release. Happy TV watching!