Post pandemic, global economic growth is on a path of recovery and is anticipated to accelerate to 5.6% this year. It indicates that the market still reserves an abundance of opportunities, but it might be difficult to grab if your business is not advanced enough to attract those opportunities.
It is time to get your small or start-up business ready for a well-settled market. Here are five factors you must consider to take your business to the next level:
1. Hire candidates with a bachelor’s degree in international studies
In today’s interconnected society it is essential to understand the world in an international context, especially when you are targeting a global audience. Hiring competent candidates with a bachelor’s degree in international studies can solve cross-cultural problems and think on a global scale. Other than that, they can help you in several aspects of your business related to market research, consultation, export sales, and human resources management.
Following are some more solid ways, how they can help your business grow:
- They are capable of managing diverse teams, improving financial performance, researching international competitors, and redesigning business processes.
- They have a deep understanding of global markets and various regions of the world to help you provide insights into the global economic and business climates.
- Students who have graduated in an international business, study a foreign language, and/or complete an overseas study or internship experience. It is an added benefit for a business looking to do business in specific countries.
- The candidates also understand the global context of business in logistics of international trade and cross-border investments.
- As they learn about world cultures and societies, they approach cultural and ethical issues imbued in the practice of business around the world from different perspectives. These skills are increasingly valuable to businesses facing the challenge of opening and integrating multiple markets as well as achieving cohesion and collegiality in diverse workforces.
2. Leverage the services of SEO Agency
The number of active internet users worldwide reached 4.66 billion, as of January 2021, which is 59.5% of the global population. Indeed, you need professional and experienced SEO to help you rank higher in major search engines.
An SEO agency has the industry experts and necessary resources to achieve your short-term and long-term business goals. The professionals in the agency are well-versed with Google algorithms and site speed improvement that help boost the organic presence of your start-up online.
Here are a few ways how they get your business listed in SERP (Search Engine Result Page):
- An SEO agency performs an analysis of your site and social media platforms to determine opportunities for improvement, such as missing enough quantity and quality industry keywords or keyword phrases. Each page of your website, posts, and tweets are composed of relevant and popular search terms to increase your traffic.
- They promote your business on top social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube using a combination of social media tools and online video editors.
- They focus on reflecting your products and services dynamically to get people to click the link on SERP and increase traffic. Their idea is to showcase your unique selling proposition to convert viewers into buyers.
- Slow page loading, poor responsiveness for mobile devices, and unfriendly or confusing design of their pages are common reasons for not reaching the first SERP. An SEO agency pinpoints those weak areas and fixes and/or even redesign websites to gain a better ranking.
3. Take the help of a proficient Tax Solicitor
Handling taxes in business can be a real challenge when your business grows, especially when UK’s tax law is complicated and ever-changing. Hiring the services of tax solicitors in the UK will help you stay compliant and will also minimise your legal liabilities.
Their deep knowledge about UK tax laws coupled with technology learnings will help you accomplish your variety of tax-related tasks without any hassles.
For example, HMRC investigations can be extremely complicated and take up valuable resources. Also, it involves risk significant financial damage and reputational damage for your business. Solicitors in the UK can prepare for HMRC disputes in advance and defend your company when they arise.
They can also give you a clear explanation of all legislation affecting your business so that you can focus on your unique business needs.
The UK tax solicitors are proficient in handling the following jobs:
- Corporate tax, mergers, acquisitions, and disposals
- Real estate tax
- HMRC disputes, enquiries, and investigations.
4. Take advice from independent Financial Advisors
An expert in financial planning and wealth management such as Piccadilly Wealth Management has the expertise and experience to make the maximum of your initial capital investment into the business.
The professional can save you from several wrong investments that might seem to be profitable at the moment, such as permanent life insurance, loaded mutual funds, bad business deals, and unfavourable limited partnerships. A good financial advisor will be quick to point out the flaws in the investment and keep you on the right path leading to your financial goals.
The financial advisers are also capable of assessing the viability of your business model, strategies, and timelines for your path to profitability.
5. Go for remote working style
Growing a business means you and your team have to work more. By offering remote work opportunities, you can give your employees an option to work in flexible working hours. This way, a team or an employee will always be available to address the business issues at their convenient time.
While remote work is a perk for staff, it can also bring a range of many other benefits to your business. For example, an employee can always remain in touch with the workplace even on the go through popular remote working tools like Jira, Slack, AnyDesk, etc. These tools allow users to easily accomplish important desk activities like sharing files, joining meetings, chatting, giving presentations, assigning tasks, etc. from any remote location.
Hiring remotely also means you can cast a much wider net at a low cost. Most of the businesses in their initial stages struggle to arrange and manage their capital. Remote working culture can help them cut the cost of setting up workstations, hardware, and internet connection.
Overall, a remote working style will improve productivity and performance while keeping staff happy.
The global market is gradually gaining momentum and it is exactly the time when small and medium sized businesses should act and take their business to the next level. The above-listed tips will help them become more capable to handle the opportunities that are yet to come their way.