Home Business Insights & Advice Tips to hire an instructor for first aid certification

Tips to hire an instructor for first aid certification

by Sarah Dunsby
29th Dec 22 1:55 pm

If you are interested in getting your CPR certification, you’ll want to ensure you hire the right instructor. You’ll need someone with a good sense of humour and a good understanding of emergencies.

CPR instructor must have a good sense of humour

CPR training is a hands-on, interactive experience. Students will perform CPR on their family members and friends while their instructors enlighten them with the ins and outs of the human body. You may be surprised to learn that the Institute of Medicine estimates only 3 percent of adults receive CPR training in a given year.

A CPR instructor has to be on his or her game to be successful. Not only must they be adept at teaching CPR, but they also have to have the requisite amount of experience to ensure their students are prepared for emergencies. While CPR itself is a no-brainer, there are some nuances to be learned about the human body in the event of a catastrophe. The most important thing to remember is that CPR should be administered in a manner that is both quick and effective.

A well-executed CPR class is a fun learning experience. An instructor’s ability to elicit enthusiasm from their students is the hallmark of a good teacher. Keeping them entertained is the best way to encourage them to practice the skills they are taught.

Work with an emergency services organisation

If you’re looking for a way to get your first aid certification, you can work with an emergency services organisation. These organisations provide classes for the public and sometimes offer training for the staff in your workplace. You can also find independent instructors who offer CPR classes.

To become an instructor, you must have a high school diploma or GED, and you may need to have a certain amount of experience. Once you’ve obtained your certification, you can teach at your current job. Or, if you’re interested in becoming an instructor, you can start your training center. This can help you make more money.

Many emergency services organisations use internal or external instructors to provide the training. Some organisations will even pay you to teach their employees. However, if you’re considering becoming an independent CPR instructor, you must be certified by the American Heart Association.

An emergency services organisation can give you the necessary resources to begin teaching. They’ll have an approved training center and access to a wide variety of curricula.

Professional liability insurance policy

When hiring a first aid instructor, you want to ensure that you protect your investment. Not only will this prevent you from making a big mistake that can ruin your reputation, but it can also help you deal with possible lawsuits and other unforeseen events.

First aid instructors need to take out a professional liability insurance policy. This can protect them from claims and lawsuits and pay for legal defense fees if a student sues them.

If you are starting a CPR and first aid business, you also need to take out a general liability insurance policy. General liability insurance is a type of insurance that covers you for incidents that involve personal injury and property damage.

Leave a Comment


Sign up to our daily news alerts

[ms-form id=1]