But industrial action in February is still on, the union says
The RMT union has called off Tuesday’s planned Tube strike after making progress in talks with London Underground.
The proposed strike, over the introduction of the Night Tube, was called off at the 11th hour, after the other unions involved also agreed not to strike.
The deal will pave the way for the introduction of Night Tube services, which were originally scheduled to start in September.
RMT general secretary Mick Cash said: “RMT’s executive has agreed to suspend tomorrow’s action over pay and night tube to allow for further consideration and consultation on the current offer. The union makes it clear that we remain in dispute and the strike action scheduled for February remains on.
“RMT also remains in dispute over station staffing and the week of action on that issue, scheduled to begin from 7 February, also remains on and the union is finalising the details for the continuation of that industrial campaign and the on-going fight over the threat to jobs, services and safety.”
This is London Underground’s revised pay offer:
- 2015; 1% pay rise, backdated to April last year, plus £500 consolidated on all salaries;
- 2016; RPI or 1% whichever the greater;
- 2017; RPI or 1% whichever the greater
- 2018 RPI plus 0.25% or 1% whichever the greater.
- A one-off payment of £500, non-consolidated, to all staff who deliver Night Tube at its launch.
Leave a Comment