Start-Up Britain founder is holding a series of seminars for budding entrepreneurs
Ever thought of running your own firm? Even if you are slightly curious then Emma Jones is holding a four-hour seminar to get you started.
Jones made her name as the founder of Enterprise Nation, the website which initially helped entrepreneurs run their business from home but has expanded to one of the UK’s best known brands for entrepreneurs. She is one of the co-founders of StartUp Britain, the national campaing to encourage entrepreneurship, and is the current CEO.
Her StartUp Saturday seminar will cover the following:
- How to uncover your BIG Idea and research the market
- 5 points to include in a business plan
- The must-dos – register the company and protect your brand
- Straightforward finance and easy budgeting techniques
- Set-up tips on office tech, furnishings and fashion!
- All things web – building a home online
- Simple sales roadmap and cold-calling made easy
- Make some noise! Successful marketing on a budget
- 5 essential social media tools and how to make the most of them
- Teamwork – how to grow the business without outgrowing the home
- Happy Customers and Balanced Business – you can achieve it all!
Jones also promises lots of coffee, cakes and a free start-up kit stuffed with discounts for services which might come in handy.
The cost is £30, which in our opinion is superb value. Jones is bursting with practical ideas and advice. She’s far removed from the Tony Robbins model of “inspirational” business speakers. Her approach is down to earth, providing the sort of useful tips and friendly advice you’ll need to become your own boss.
The seminar is repeated once a month. The first session will be held at O2 Centre, 229 Tottenham Court Road, London. Time: 10am to 3pm.
- Saturday 21 January
- Saturday 18 February
- Saturday 17 March
- Saturday 21 April
- Saturday 19 May
- Saturday 16 June
- Saturday 21 July
- Saturday 18 August
- Saturday 15 Sep
- Saturday 20 October
- Saturday 17 November
- Saturday 15 December
You’ll need to book in advance here.