Home Business News Turkey is ‘worried’ over ‘direct conflict between NATO and Russia’ as Kremlin plans ‘response measures’

Turkey is ‘worried’ over ‘direct conflict between NATO and Russia’ as Kremlin plans ‘response measures’

11th Jul 24 4:23 pm

The Kremlin has issued a warning that they are planning “response measures” as they have accused NATO of being “fully involved” in the Ukraine war.

The Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday that direct confrontation between NATO and Russia is “worrying.”

NATO leaders are in Washington DC and have pledged billions more in military aid including long-range weapons, cruise missiles and other hardware.

On Thursday Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov was quoted by Russian news agencies saying that Moscow will contain the “very serious threat” from NATO.

Peskov said that NATO is now “fully involved in the conflict over Ukraine,” as such this could spark direct conflict between Russia and the alliance.

Read more related news:

Minister warns UK’s ‘national security is at stake’ as Russia could retaliate

Polish army chief orders the military to prepare for ‘full-scale conflict’

UK told to prepare for WWIII within ‘5 years,’ but one MP warns more likely ‘not more than four months’

NATO has ‘profound concern’ over China’s ‘large scale support for Russia’s defence’

The Turkish President who is also at the NATO summit said, “The possibility of a direct conflict between NATO and Russia is undoubtedly worrying.

“Any steps that could lead to this outcome should be consciously avoided.”

Peskov said during a press briefing in St. Petersburg that NATO have established logistic bases across the Black Sea cities including military points across Europe.

Peskov said, “NATO’s decision-making, including the declaration to suppress and strategically defeat Russia, reveals the alliance’s hostile policies.”

The Kremlin spokesman added, “The North Atlantic Alliance is demonstrating its confrontational nature through its actions and decisions at the Washington summit.”

A senior official has warned that Vladimir Putin is wanting a fight and is “daring NATO” to respond in a way that will cross the Kremlin’s red lines.

On Monday Russia launched a rare daylight attack during “rush hour” bombing many cities injuring hundreds and killing at least 37.

The former US ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul said he hoped that NATO’s response to Putin’s deadly missile attacks “will be strong.”

McFaul wrote on X, “Putin is daring NATO. I hope the response from the alliance this week will be strong.”

The head of the British Army General Sir Patrick Sanders has warned the UK and NATO might have just “5 years” to prepare for war as the world is looking at a “new axis powers.”

The head of the British Army warned that Britain is now in its most “dangerous moment” since 1945.

Earlier this year Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic was speaking to Die Weltwoche, he was asked what is the likelihood of war.

He warned, “I believe we are not far from it. Not more than three, four months. And there is a danger to happen even before that.

“We are getting closer to a real disaster. Who is ready to lose 1 million, 2 million, 5 million, 10 million, and 15 million people?

“I’m not ready to lose a single man and won’t participate in that.”

Leave a Comment

You may also like

CLOSE AD

Sign up to our daily news alerts

[ms-form id=1]