After it emerged that a second person has died from an allergic reaction to one of Pret a Manger’s products, the food chain has now been involved in a dispute with its former supplier, CoYo.
An unnamed customer died in Bath last year after eating a “super-veg rainbow flatbread” that contained a yoghurt that was supposed to be dairy-free.
But after testing by Pret and two independent authorities, it was later found that the ingredient, supplied by Coyo, contained dairy protein. Food Standards Agency (FSA) was then informed and all Coyo products were recalled nationwide.
The vegan chain has, however, claimed that accusations are “unfounded”, and that a batch of contaminated coconut milk yoghurt which later led to a national recall was not linked to the death.