The Prime Minister’s responses to the Scotland Yard’s questionnaire into the alleged parties in Downing Street and Whitehall will not be made public.
However, Boris Johnson will have “a lot more” to say once the police investigation has ended.
Last week around 50 people including the Prime Minister were handed questionnaires by the Metropolitan Police as 12 shindigs are being investigated at No.10 Downing Street.
The Prime Minister was asked on Monday whilst on an official visit to Scotland if he has responded to the questionnaire.
Johnson told reporters, “All that process has got to be completed before I can say anything more, but I look forward to telling you a lot more in due course.”
Johnson’s official spokesman said, “As we said on Friday, we will respond as required. As you know, I think the Met made clear that that was in seven days, so we will comply with that requirement.”
The spokesman was asked if the responses would be made public, he said, “No.”
The Telegraph cited that Johnson’s allies have said that he will argue he was working from his official resident on the night of the “Abba Party” which took place in November 2020.
Scotland Yard said the questionnaires are asking for an “account and explanation of the recipient’s participation in an event” and have “formal legal status and must be answered truthfully.”
It was reported by The Times that the Prime Minister will not resign if he is fined by Scotland Yard which could spark more letters going into Sir Graham Brady’s office over a vote of no confidence.