After facing massive customer backlash for its data outage, O2 has now apologised and announced that customers will get up to two days credit in compensation.
A spokesperson for O2 said: “We understand how important it is to stay connected, especially at this time of year. We’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. We’re doing all we can to make sure this issue doesn’t happen again.”
According to Sky News, O2 is offering:
- Pay monthly customers, SMB business and mobile broadband customers will be credited with two days of charges by the end of January.
- Pay as you go customers will get a 10% credit when topping-up in the new year – 02 will let notify when it is available.
- Pay as you go mobile broadband customers will get a 10% discount on a bolt on purchase in the new year – 02 will let notify when it is available.
The users of UK’s second largest mobile operator were left unable to use the internet for nearly 24 hours on Thursday. The firm later said that 3G was fully restored by 9:30pm on Thursday, with 4G services back up at 3.30am on Friday.
Our 4G network was restored earlier this morning. Our technical teams will continue to monitor service performance closely and we're starting the full review to understand what happened. We are really sorry for the issues yesterday.
— O2 in the UK (@O2) December 7, 2018
— kenisha_anne (@kenishaanne99) December 6, 2018