Home Business News Liz Truss has 91% chance of becoming next Tory leader as party members start receiving ballot papers

Liz Truss has 91% chance of becoming next Tory leader as party members start receiving ballot papers

by LLB political Reporter
1st Aug 22 11:03 am

The Foreign Secretary Liz Truss is 1/10 to be the next Tory leader, which is a 91% likelihood, according to Betfair’s Barometer.

Meanwhile, Rishi Sunak is a big outsider at 10/1 to move into No.10, having been the early frontrunner when Boris Johnson resigned last month.

Rishi Sunak vs Liz Truss: The percentage chance of becoming the next Conservative leader since Boris Johnson resigned, via Betfair Exchange

Betfair Exchange: Next Conservative leader

Liz Truss: 1/10

Rishi Sunak: 10/1

Betfair Exchange: Year of next General Election

2022: 15/1

2023: 4/1

2024 or later: 1/4

Betfair Exchange: Overall majority at next General Election

No majority: 5/6

Conservative majority: 3/1

Labour majority: 7/2

Betfair spokesperson Sam Rosbottom said, “As party members start to receive their ballot papers for the Tory leadership contest, Liz Truss remains the clear 1/10 odds-on favourite to replace Boris Johnson in No.10.

“Rishi Sunak, who had been the frontrunner when Johnson resigned last month, is now a big outsider at 10/1 to beat Truss in the race. According to Betfair’s Barometer, Truss has a 91% chance of becoming the next Tory leader, while Sunak has a 9% likelihood.”

Leave a Commment

You may also like

CLOSE AD

Sign up to our daily news alerts

[ms-form id=1]