Facebook has announced its results for the first three months of 2014, and they are pretty staggering.
The global reach of this business is absolutely mind-boggling.
- More than one in six people on the planet use Facebook at least monthly (1.28 billion people).
- Around one in nine people on the planet use Facebook daily (802 million daily active users) – that’s 21% more than for the same period last year.
- Revenue was $2.5bn in Q1 2014. That’s a whopping 72% increase on Q1 2013.
- Profits have almost tripled since Q1 2013, to $642m.
- More than one in 12 people on the planet check Facebook on their mobile every day (609 million mobile daily active users).
- That daily mobile use is up 43% on Q1 2013, smashing fears that Facebook is falling behind in the mobile race.
- Advertising revenue was $2.27bn, up 82% on Q1 2013, also putting paid to criticism that Facebook is slipping on ad revenues.
And this is what Facebook founder and CEO has to say about all that:
“Facebook’s business is strong and growing, and this quarter was a great start to 2014.
“We’ve made some long term bets on the future while staying focused on executing and improving our core products and business.
“We’re in great position to continue making progress towards our mission.”