A hair transplant in Turkey represents a potentially life-changing procedure for international patients the world over suffering from hair loss. As with any procedure, patients often have several questions about what they can expect. The two most common are “Is a hair transplant right for me?” and “When will I see results?”. Here, we’ll lay out some answers to some common questions.
Is a hair transplant right for me?
While hair transplants can assist anyone experiencing hair loss, they offer the most success in patients whose hair loss is long-term and has stabilised. Ideally, a candidate for a hair transplant operation has hair loss beyond Norwood Stage 3 or has been ongoing for at least 5 years. This is because a hair transplant is permanent; it is best to wait until your hair loss has reached its highest degree.
Prior to opting for a hair transplant, it is necessary for a patient and doctor to thoroughly discuss what can be done. A hair transplant does provide permanent results, however, it is important to have realistic expectations about what outcome can be reached in each individual. Take a look at our Hair Transplant Turkey before and after Results page to see what we’ve done for our 10,000+ clients.
When will I see results from a hair transplant?
Hair transplants at the Dr Serkan Aygin Clinic are outpatient procedures that typically require no more than 4-6 hours. However, it will take time for noticeable results to become apparent. Every patient’s timeline will vary slightly but, in general, a typical postoperative timeline looks like this:
- The head will remain bandaged for up to 24 hours while the newly implanted hair grafts take root.
- For the first 3 days, it is important not to touch, wash, or brush the hair as it is still loose.
- After 3 days, it is possible to resume a hair care routine. However, there are very specific methods and medications. You will be provided with all of these following your transplant.
- For the first week you will likely experience “shock hair loss”. This is where the newly implanted hairs will fall out on their own. This is a completely normal and expected stage of healing.
- After approximately one month, the new hair will begin to grow in and you will return to a pre-operative look.
- By 3 months, new hair will have begun to grow and this will accelerate over the coming weeks.
- By 12 months full results should be reached. This may take up to 18 months depending on your desired results.
Hair transplants at The Dr Serkan Aygin Clinic
At the Dr Serkan Aygin Clinic, we specialise in the most modern hair transplant procedures. Located in one of Istanbul’s most prestigious hospitals, we use only the most modern technology and equipment on every procedure. We are industry-leading experts on both DHI and Sapphire FUE hair transplants.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is one of the most popular methods for combatting hair loss. This hair transplant procedure requires doctors to first extract the patient’s healthy hair from a donor area (typically the back of the head) to fill the gaps left by hair loss. These extracted hairs are then implanted exactly where they are most needed, providing full natural coverage. Dr Serkan Aygin is an industry leader in advancing the use of Sapphire blades during the procedure. This allows for more precise placement of hair grafts and reduced healing time.
Direct Hair Implantation is a slightly newer variant of the FUE technique. A DHI hair transplant uses a specialised Choi Implanter Pen for implanting the transplanted hair follicles directly into the scalp. This allows for the placement of the hair follicles at very particular angles to best match the patient’s current hair. This allows a more natural-looking final result.
Get started today
As one of the top clinics in Turkey, we take great pride in every procedure we perform. If you are curious about whether a hair transplant is right for you, please contact us today to set up your full, free consultation.