What has Beckham’s footwork earned him?
With 534 top-flight league games played and scoring or assisting 242 goals, it undoubtedly takes Goldenballs to bend it like Beckham.
“Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however, I feel like I’m starting a new adventure and I’m genuinely excited about what lies ahead,” Beckham said after announcing his retirement yesterday.
So as Beckham has decided to kick back and relax with wife Victoria and their four kids, we take a look at what Brand Beckham has earned him:
1. £165m is Beckham’s total net worth according to the Sunday Times Rich List, making him the richest sportsman in the UK
2. £20m is what he raked in for his role as an ambassador for Sky television
3. £50m was credited to Beckham’s bank account when he signed to be an ambassador for the Chinese Super League
4. £25m for four years is what Goldenballs got for ending his 10-year career at Manchester United in 2003 to move to Real Madrid
5. £7m in total was added to his wealth pile after signing deals with Samsung and Sainsbury’s
6. £100m is what Beckham made in salary and dividends from 2002 to 2011 from his media company, Footwork Productions
7. £10m is the estimated price tag of Beckham’s Hertfordshire mansion dubbed as the Beckingham Palace
More for you:
Register for our free newsletter
For up-to-the-minute insights, news and gossip for London professionals and business leaders
The London Business Summit: Thriving in London, Tuesday 25 June 2013
Discover opportunity, explore innovation, drive long-term profits
Speakers include Martha Lane Fox, Alastair Lukies, Julie Meyer, Mike Butcher, Jo Valentine and many more.