Home Business News Claims two further parties with a DJ and dancing into the night at No.10 on the eve of Prince Philip’s funeral

Claims two further parties with a DJ and dancing into the night at No.10 on the eve of Prince Philip’s funeral

by Mark Fitt Political Journalist
14th Jan 22 11:22 am

There has been fresh claims that two more parties took place at Downing Street on the eve of Prince Philips funeral.

There are claims that a member of staff acted as a DJ there was concern that too much wine had been spilled on the carpet with dancing long into the night, it has been alleged.

Shelley Williams-Walker, Johnson’s head of operations, was in charge of the music at points, according to the Daily Telegraph.

It has been said that the Prime Minister Boris Johnson was not at Downing Street when the parties took place as he was at Chequers.

There was two different parties in two different areas of Downing Street and they later merged together with around 30 people who attended it has been claimed.

An eye witness said that a staff member had broken Boris Johnson’s son’s Wilfred’s swing in the garden.

The parties took place on 16 April last year for a leaving do for the departing director of communications James Slack and another for one of Johnson’s personal photographers, according to The Telegraph.

Slack apologised this morning and said the event “should not have happened.”The government’s guidance at the time warned Brits, that “You must not socialise indoors except with your household or support bubble.“You can meet outdoors, including in gardens, in groups of six people or two households.

In the basement where the photographer’s farewell party was held, music was blaring out, it was claimed but the police guarding Downing Street have been accused of turning a “blind eye.”

A No10 spokeswoman said of  Slack’s leaving do, “On this individual’s last day he gave a farewell speech to thank each team for the work they had done to support him, both those who had to be in the office for work and on a screen for those working from home.”

Slack said in a statement this morning, “I wish to apologise unreservedly for the anger and hurt caused.

“This event should not have happened at the time that it did. I am deeply sorry, and take full responsibility.”

He said he could not comment further as the matter had been referred to Sue Gray’s investigation.

According to one who claimed to be inside, they were “undeniably parties.”

You may also like

CLOSE AD

Sign up to our daily news alerts