A responsive web design that suggests the website element should adapt to the screen size and orientation of the user devices. According to the data, 75% of the customer form their opinion of an e-commerce website based on its design alone. A further 48% of them believe website design to be the number one factor to judge a business’s credibility. When it is vital for your site why you are not incorporating it? If you also want to understand responsive e-commerce websites then this comprehensive blog is for you.
Furthermore, if you also want to create a responsive website then get help from Custom Website Development Services to create a website for every electronic device.
What is a responsive website?
A responsive website is an approach to web design that adapts the web content to screen sizes. People spend 3.3 hours a day interacting with digital media on their smartphones. Because of this paradigm shift, a website should run from various devices with browser OS combinations.
Why does responsive website matter for e-commerce?
When it comes to e-commerce, you have to create a responsive website
- Designing for a single device won’t be effective. According to the study, 60.66% of website traffic comes from mobile.
- Over the past few years, mobile has played a vital role as an advertising role.
- Even in the current market scenario, mobile and spending are growing.
On that note, if the landing page isn’t optimized for mobile, it may be challenging for business owners to maximize the ROI.
Advantages of responsive website for e-commerce
Generally, starting a website with responsive web design offers several benefits. Here are some of the advantages to anticipate:
- Optimal user experience
Research shows that 90% of smartphone users keep their phones nearby at all times. This portrays the importance of ensuring that websites are accessible on mobile devices.
With responsive design, your website will automatically adapt to the screen size and resolution of any device.
- Enhanced brand reputation
Customer expectations have evolved, demanding that a business’s website look exceptional on all devices. Failure to meet this expectation can harm a brand’s reputation.
Responsive web design contributes to a positive user experience, meeting or even surpassing customer expectations.
- Streamlined site management
Managing two versions of a website (desktop and mobile) entails extra effort and the risk of generating duplicate content.
Opting for responsive web design reduces the time and resources required, as you only need to maintain a single website.
- Increased conversion rates
A study reveals that 61% of customers are more inclined to make purchases on mobile-friendly websites. Therefore, implementing responsive web design to enhance the mobile experience can significantly boost conversion rates.
Additionally, by providing a seamless shopping experience, your e-commerce store will witness a decrease in abandoned carts and bounce rates.
How to create a human-responsive website for E-commerce?
Creating a responsive website for your e-commerce is crucial to ensure a seamless user experience across various devices. Here are seven steps to achieve this:
- Choose breakpoints thoughtfully: To make your website responsive, select appropriate breakpoints or CSS breakpoints. These are screen sizes at which your design and content adapt for optimal viewing. Common breakpoints include 1920×1080, 1536×864, 1366×768, 414×896, 375×667, and 360×640.
- Start with a fluid grid: Instead of fixed pixel measurements, use a fluid grid that adjusts elements proportionally to the screen size. This ensures that your website looks well-organized on different devices.
- Consider touchscreen devices: With many devices featuring touchscreens, optimize your website for touch interactions. Make menus and buttons larger and more accessible for touchscreen users.
- Utilise responsive images: Use modern image tag attributes like ‘max-width’ and ‘screw’ to ensure images adapt to different screen sizes and resolutions.
- Implement responsive typography: Instead of using fixed font sizes in pixels, use responsive typography with ‘rem’ units. Adjust font sizes based on breakpoints, making text readable on any device.
- Explore responsive themes: consider using pre-designed responsive themes available on the internet. Customize these themes to align with your brand.
- Test responsiveness: Before launching your website, thoroughly test it on real devices. And, detect what can be improved and how can emulate various devices and help you ensure that your site looks and functions well on all of them.
A responsive website is essential for e-commerce success, as it positively impacts sales and user satisfaction. These all steps can be followed while crafting a responsive website, you can create a responsive website that caters to a diverse range of users and devices.
However, CoreOptimizers Professionals are a wonderful choice if you have to create a responsive website from scratch. The experts who work on that platform know the alignment of every device and how we can incorporate it while crafting a website.
A responsive website is crucial for every screen because most people are using your website from their phones. And, your website doesn’t contain a responsive website your site you consumer might lose his interest when he is using it from the phone. That’s why, it is crucial to have a responsive website for all electronic devices. Additionally, 90% of the users’ phones always stay nearby them, while everybody is using the website from their phone, which means they use e-commerce on their phone what if your website doesn’t match its phone requirement? That’s why it is crucial to use a Responsive Website for ecommerce.