Offices with gold Armani washrooms have popped up in London.
Enstar Capital has developed the most luxurious office space in Mayfair boasting Statuario Michelangelo marble and “gold” staircase and gold-plated Armani-hotel executive washrooms.
The development project has taken over 16 months with some £4m – £3m spent on furnishing just three floors of luxurious office interiors or £1m per floor.
To complete the 6,000 square feet office block, Enstar Capital has spent £500 per square foot. This is a record of sorts in the capital.
Apart from the gilded toilets, here are four swanky features that the office space boasts:
1. The office space comes with pre-programmed switch-free lighting, comfort-cooling and heating and timber flooring imported from a 16th century monastery in Tuscany.
2. It has a rooftop terrace and in-office dining provided by celeb restaurant La Petite Maison.
3. The offices have original 1930s Art Deco staircase restored with Statuario Michelangelo marble stairwell with “gold” handrail and detailing.
4. Director’s offices open onto a private rooftop terrace dressed with loungers and outside meeting/dining table.
5. The chefs at La Petite Maison will serve champagne and three course meals 24/7.
Simon Lyons, joint chief executive of Enstar Capital said: “Offices should be as good as homes. Local business people think nothing of spending £5m to £100m on a Mayfair home, spending hundreds of pounds per square feet fitting it out, yet will work nearby in offices which are nowhere near the standard of luxury or quality. People spend a third of their lives at work, so this is why we have fitted these premises out to a luxury-resi finish. Gold Armani washrooms, automatic lighting, luxury flooring and in-office restaurant dining, it’s the best office address in Mayfair.”