Do we really need another?
Today it was revealed Crossrail will be called the Elizabeth Line when it opens and is added to the Tube map.
Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: “Queen Elizabeth has given extraordinary service to this country over an unprecedented period and it is entirely right that she should be honoured with a living tribute that will last for centuries.”
This got us thinking about the Queen’s legacy as we could think of more than one thing in London already named after Her Majesty, including one of the existing Tube lines.
Here’s what we came up with:
1. Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre
2. Queen’s Theatre, Hornchurch
3. Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben clock tower)
4. Queen Elizabeth II Great Court
5. Queen Elizabeth Hall, Southbank Centre
6. Queen’s Gallery, Buckingham Palace
7. QEII Pier
8. Queen’s Gardens, Croydon
9. Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, East London
10. Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich
11. Golden Jubilee Bridge
12. Queen Elizabeth II Bridge
13. Queen Elizabeth College, University of London
14. Coronation Capsule, one of the capsules on the London Eye
15. LMS Princess Royal Class 6201 Princess Elizabeth, one of the LMS Princess Royal Class of steam locomotives
16. London Underground’s Jubilee Line